Friday, April 6, 2012

More on small log furniture

I went on to make a number of other items from these very small logs, a few of which I picture below.  Mortise and tenon joinery works very well with only two perpendicular faces and the peeled logs took finish nicely.  You may or may not like the look and the juxtaposition of the quartersawn faces with the live edges is admittedly unusual.  The main point here is not to display these particular pieces but to get you thinking about things you might do with small logs.  They are quite easy to obtain and transport as no one wants them for anything other than firewood.






1 comment:

  1. Wow, I really like these! In fact these few posts have given me an idea or two. These pieces are an excellent example of "green" woodworking brought out of the 17th century and applied to something more "with the times". I think this is something completely accessible for most modern woodworkers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete