Monday, December 5, 2011

Making progress

The leg assemblies and the sides are done, so it's time to start putting the pieces together.  The top stretcher is low for a reason, as I'll explain later.

I mentioned that I made a bench raiser prototype.  I made it from an old 4x4 and some scrap pieces of 2x4 in less than two hours.  It turned out surprisingly well and I haven't felt the need to make another version.  If I did, I wouldn't go crazy making dog holes though.  The idea was to use my Lee Valley Wonder Pup set conveniently.  Definite overkill, although they don't seem to hurt anything.  My Moxon  vise will be separate.

No comments:

Post a Comment